Manager – Innovation and Digital Transformation (1 Position)
dfcu Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit a Manager – Innovation and Digital Transformation and a Lead Systems Architect respectively, in our Change and Innovation Office to support our overall strategy.
JOB TITLE: MANAGER- INNOVATION AND DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION (1 POSITION)
REPORTING TO: HEAD OF PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AND INNOVATION
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to the Head of Product Development and Innovation, the Manager- Innovation and Digital Transformation will lead the Innovation team in its drive to support the transformation agenda of dfcu Bank towards a modern digitised bank with leadership in products/solutions, services and processes.
- Screen various sensors and innovation sources (internal & external), conduct workshops for brainstorming, use innovation tools and use modern techniques such as LEAN to collect, evaluate and derive ideas that will see the realization of the digital strategy of the Bank.
- Work with the respective subject matter experts in cross-functional engagements to perform business analysis, conduct customer research and competitor analysis to support current and new customer journey maps for the respective business lines.
- Research into future trends, analyze current opportunities, risks, strengths, and weaknesses informing the key aspects of the innovation strategy that will underpin the Bank’s overall strategic direction.
- Set-up structures, innovation processes and systems that will result into a framework that energizes the innovation culture, mitigates any related risks, and embeds change successfully within the bank.
- Coordinate all process steps and tasks to achieve innovation goals or specifications accompanying the innovation from the beginning to the end and properly managing the working prototype to product manager that will be responsible for the product lifecycle.
- Build and develop fintech relationships and strategic partnerships with those that share our goal of continuous innovation and breakthrough thinking.
- Select and prioritize the right projects so that the maximum value and success can be derived from the resources committed with aim to achieve the Bank’s innovation strategy and innovation goals while initiating corrective measures in the event of any deviations.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Computing, Commerce, Accounting or Business Statistics or another related field.
- Adept at Financial Technology, Innovation & Product Development.
- A professional qualification in banking e.g. ACIB and Project Management (e.g. Prince II would be added advantage.)
- At least 8 years’ work experience, 2 of which should be in a senior technology, products development or management or operations position at a large financial services institution.
- Demonstrated experience in driving innovation and change agendas in Financial Services.
- Demonstrated ability to link and apply complex technologies to business strategies & a high proficiency in Information and Communication Technology.
- Strong skills in product analysis, business process analysis and redesign.
- Strong understanding of banking operations, FinTech, and product development trends.
- Strong skills in project management and project execution.
- Familiarity with the financial services industry in Uganda and the region.
- Strong understanding and experience in digital banking services.
- Creative spirit that develops and seeks ideas.
- Excellent communications and engagement skills.
- Strong attention to detail and personal effectiveness.
- High-level of integrity and strong entrepreneurial skills.
- Strong skills at relationship building.
- Self-drive and initiative.
- Strong leader with soft-power skills.
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Wednesday 29th July 2020 to the email address indicated below:
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300469
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.