dfcu Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit a Manager – Lending Operations in our Chief Operating Office to support our expansion strategy.
JOB TITLE: MANAGER- LENDING OPERATIONS (1 POSITION)
REPORTING TO: Head of Credit Operations
JOB PURPOSE: The job-holder is charged with the overall lending operations management which include booking of all approved credit facilities in line with sanctioned terms and conditions while ensuring data accuracy as entered in the system, rephasement, account closure, write offs, account level limit placement (termination or amendment), scheme level limit placement (termination or amendment), insurance placement and claim process.
• Offer supervisory and coaching services to a team of Lending Operations Officers while assigning and directing work on a daily basis.
• Develop and maintain workflows for all stages of loan input.
• Supervise all aspects of loan operations to include disbursements, posting of payment, payoffs, write offs, re-phasements, limit adjustments and reversals.
• Work with system providers (BT) to utilize applications to fullest capacity, streamlining processes and procedures, ensuring accuracy and compliance of data.
• Direct input and verification procedures for all credit facilities, ensuring proper segregation of duties. (maker checker principal).
• Responsible for delivering excellent data integrity and accuracy while maintaining service level agreements and regulatory compliance, by conducting pre and post disbursement checks to attain desired account behavior.
• In charge of insurance placement and claim process for all credit that is insurable.
• Charged with issuance of leased invoices.
• Key system tester for all credit related new solutions.
• Employee performance management; addressing credit related business complaints and resolving problems within the agreed SLA.
• Conduct various self-assessments and self-audits to ensure department procedures are achieving accurate and desired results.
• Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with all customer information.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• At least a University Degree from a recognized University.
• Training in various areas of Credit Policy, IFRS, FIA, CRB, AML and KYC.
• A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in lending operations and administration.
• Working knowledge of Bank’s approved policies and procedures regarding Bank Secrecy Act, IFRS, FIA, CRB, AML and KYC.
• In depth understanding of the features and operations of all the Bank’s products.
• Experience in credit operations process redesign and implementation.
• Excellent decision-making, problem solving and ability to multi –task in a fast paced environment.
• Proficient with personal computer and related software packages, including MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and LOS, and other business machines.
• A result-oriented team player.
• Attention to details.
• High ethical standards.
• Effectively manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Tuesday 16th June 2020 to the email address indicated below;
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300469
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.