Senior Banking Officer- Trade Finance Operations (1 Position)
dfcu Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit a Senior Banking Officer- Trade Finance Operations in our Chief Operating Office to support our expansion strategy.
JOB TITLE: SENIOR BANKING OFFICER- TRADE FINANCE OPERATIONS (1 POSITION)
REPORTING TO: Manager Trade Finance and Financial Market Operations
JOB PURPOSE: the role holder is charged with the responsibility of reviewing and authenticating of back office activities of the Trade Finance products i.e. Letters of Credit, guarantees, Bills and forward contracts in accordance with regulatory and operating guidelines to minimize risk and prevent fraud.
- Verification and authorization of all trade transactions and documentation, including Import and Export transactions, Letters of Credit, guarantees, Import/Export bills, Contract Finance, Forwards, and all the other Trade Finance products
- Oversee the performance of due diligence checks on the Trade documentation prior to execution of transactions.
- Prepare Drafts and Trade Finance documents e.g. Letters of Credit, guarantees, etc. in accordance with the operating guidelines.
- Proactively review, investigate and clear any reconciliation items on Nostro, LCs and Guarantees (cash and non-cash covered).
- Administer and monitor Trade Finance products by carrying out the various processes at the different stages in the life cycle of these products as well as keeping customers and the business informed at every stage.
- Receive and resolve customer queries in the trade finance operations within the agreed timelines and the mutual satisfaction of all parties.
- Compliance with the set service standards and escalation of any exceptions
- Identifying process gaps and implementing process Improvements in Trade Operations whilst minimizing risk.
- Escalation though incident of any process gaps that result into potential or actual operational losses to the Trade Finance and Financial Markets Operations Manager. Incident reporting
- Develop Trade Finance Operations officers in the unit through training, mentoring and coaching.
- Spearhead the implementation of the initiatives to improve process improvements in the unit
- Identify and reporting suspicious activity in line with the AML/CFT, KYC programs in and the bank policies / regulatory framework.
- Prepare and submit regulatory reports and any other month end report to regulators and other related parties.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies required:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Commerce, Accounting or Business Statistics or another field
- Trade Certification (ACI)
- A minimum of 4 years working in Bank Operations preferably Trade finance operations
- Up to date knowledge of current Trade finance and Back Office operating practices and procedures.
- Up to date knowledge of compliance matters, including KYC, AML, and CFT issues.
- Ability to supervise, train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- General awareness of risk management practices
- Conversant with SWIFT Operations
- Insight into the rules and regulations that govern Trade Finance
- The ability to engage with all the key stake holders in and out of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Proactive approach to work with a high level of maturity and self-drive
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High level of integrity and ethical standards
- Employee development and Performance management skills.
- Strong skills at relationship building
- Analytical skills
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Friday 12th June 2020 to the email address indicated below
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300469
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.